Bug in "Add existing file(s)"

Marcus Gruendler Marcus.Gruendler at post.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Feb 8 11:11:28 GMT 2000

Sandy Meier wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Feb 2000 you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I realized a bug in beta 2. When you select
> >
> > Project->Add existing file(s)
> >
> > from the menubar, a dialog appears where you can select the sources to be
> > added. The filedialog, in which you can select the files behaves very strange:
> >
> > You have to select a file and then you _must_ press SHIFT
> >
> > The dialog is a Qt-filedialog and not a KDE-filedialog.
> >
> > Can anyone confirm this bug? If so i'll send a bugreport to bugs.kde.org.
>
> This isn't a bug but the normal behavior. We choose the Qt-filedialog because
> KDE filedialog doesn't have the "selecting multiple files" feature. :-(

I don't think it behaves normally: Assume i only want to add one single
file.

Current behaviour of single file selection is:

*Click on the desired filename (and release all mouse buttons)
*Press SHIFT button (not in conjunction with any mouse button)

The normal behaviour of single file selection is:

*Click on the desired filename

The normal behaviour of multiple file selection is:

*Click on first desired filename
*SHIFT-Click on last desired filename
 (or alternatively CTRL-Click on the other desired filenames.

And there is another bug in this context: When you have one file
selected and press the open button of the filedialog, the
"Sourcefile(s)" textfield of the parent dialog contains a comma ath the
end of the filenames.

I hope i could explain the problem in an understandable way since
english is not my mother language ... :-)

Bye, Marcus

--
Marcus Gruendler
E-Mail: runner at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de