QtGL libraries

Robert Robert
Sun Feb 6 01:20:06 GMT 2000

On Fri, 04 Feb 2000, this discussion continued:

> >Mesa-3.1-3 is installed.  It was installed before I installed libqgl.  It
> >installed libGL.so into /usr/lib.  Any other ideas?
> >
> Not without further information.

Here, here!

The GNU Linker will link to a static library, if it is in the Library path, and either
it has been instructed to link static, or static libs are all that it can find.  No special
procedure should need to be followed if the only qgl lib you have is static.

So.....something else must be going wrong.

You said that you have Mesa-3.1-3 installed, which installs libMesaGL or libGL
and maybe even the libGLU.  What version of Mesa was the qt-opengl library
linked with?  Probably version 3.0.  Are these two versions incompatible?  I
don't know for sure but it sounds suspicious.

> Where is libqgl.a installed ?
> What's the command line options of the compiler when
> you try to compile/link
> and what is the exact error message you get from the
> compiler/linker ?

With more information I, or we, can probably help you more.

Bob,

Robert M. Wheat, Jr.
belran at worldnet.att.net