QtGL libraries

Jacek Wojdel wojdel at chrysler.kbs.twi.tudelft.nl
Fri Feb 4 14:18:27 GMT 2000

On Thu, 03 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> I'm having some difficulties using the GL template in KDevelop 1.1beta2.
> I have downloaded and installed the qt-opengl-1.44-1 RPM, which installs
> libqgl.a.  The problem is is that I think KDevelop wants a .so file, which
> I cannot find.  Anyone have any expoerience with this?

>From Qt README file:

  On Unix, the library qgl is created as a static library (qgl.a), and
  not a dynamic library (qgl.so). This is because the Qt OpenGL API may
  in the future be changed in ways that are not binary compatible with
  previous versions, so your applications should not depend on a
  dynamically linked qgl library. Since the Qt OpenGL Extension is a
  rather small library, the resulting increase in the size of
  executables using this library is insignificant.

So stop looking for .so file :)
I never used QtGL template from KDevelop, but I assume there is some another
reason for your problems than what you suspect. Check things like whether
libgql.a is in your linking path, whether you installed also development
version of rpm (is there one ?) etc...

	Jacek