Delay in Mailinglist

Michael Haeckel a4677 at stud.uni-bayreuth.de
Thu Feb 3 19:48:51 GMT 2000

Hi,

I experience that it takes a very long time for a mail when it is written
until I receive it through this mailinglist. My own postings need two to
three hours just to get a few hundred kilometres to Potsdam and back to
Bayreuth. Other posting need an average of six hours and sometimes a few
days. Sometimes a reply to a posting reaches my earlier as the posting
itself.

The problem is, that I don't know if I should post a reply to a question
when I know the answer or alredy several replies have been sent. I don't
think that the policy of this list is, that only the developers answer
postings.

I think everyone subscribed to this list must experience this but I didn't
find anything about that problem.
According to "http://barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de/" the Mail-Server isn't too
busy for delivering Mails in time.

Can there anything be done about that?