doc-tab-bug in beta2??(was:Re: Problems with compiler option -g and configure)

Mr. Data mr.data at nikocity.de
Wed Feb 2 12:01:51 GMT 2000

On Mit, 02 Feb 2000 you wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2000, you wrote:
[snip]
> I cannot make this crash here. What system are you using, particularly qt
> version. compile version? debug on or off, etc (I'll check back in your previous
> mail for this but I don't think you've posted it? It might be useful to know.)
> Oh - Is there any possibility you're running the wrong version of kdevelop? (I
> have to ask :-)
[snap]
Hi again,
no, I´m pretty sure I´m running the "right" version of Kdevelop. I´ve downloaded
the tarball (kdevelop-1.1beta2.tar.gz) on 31.01.2000 at 10:49 (german local
time), compiled and installed it, KDevelop tells me, that it is beta2 ...
But if this is, what I think it is (is this english ?), it is really stupid(?):
I just had a look at the KDevelop sources, to see what changes have been made
(since I did this pretty often with version 1.0 I halfway knew where to dig).
I found the following line in doctreeview.cpp:
#define BEN_QLISTVIEW_BYPASS //define this symbol for using my solution
                                                   //to the docview bug
                                                   //undefine it to use jbb´s
I "undefined" it, compiled and installed it, et voila, I can´t reproduce the
crash any longer. (or better: at least it *seems* that I got rid of this bug)
Is it possible that you (jbb) use your workaround, while I was using Ben´s?
Which one is considered the more reliable by the KDevelop developers?
Why are there two workarounds (is there a disadvantage in using jbb´s)?
Is this mentioned anywhere? (I checked the documentation but couldn´t find
anything about it).
Just a thought ....

Bye M.D.