an xref Suggestion

Curtis R. Anderson gleepy at intelligencia.com
Tue Feb 1 20:12:28 GMT 2000

Bruce Stephens wrote:

> William Gacquer <wgacquer at ubisoft.fr> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > Help me guys from the gcc mailing list! Could you tell us if the
> > fxref output format is documented anywhere? Could you also tell us
> > if "gcc -fxref" is too be used or if we should forget about it?
>
> The code was for C++, and suffers from bitrot (I don't think it was
> ever intended to work with C, but I well could be wrong).
>
> However, if someone wanted to work on this, then now would be a great
> time to start: Mark Mitchell has been making changes to the C++ front
> end which should make this much easier, and has been documenting the
> necessary stuff, too (in gcc/cp/ir.texi).

This sounds like something I was wanting to work on.

I miss the listing and cross reference generation capabilities of the
compilers from Digital/Compaq. The gcc community would have a lot to
gain if we can build this into the collection.

I want to see the ability to output listings in either plain text or
PostScript format for neatness. Also, all the compilers in gcc should
have uniform listing appearance.
--
Curtis R. Anderson, Co-creator of "Gleepy the Hen", SP 2.5?, KoX
Geek geezer with a minimal web page at http://gleepy.homepage.com/.