an xref Suggestion

Bruce Stephens bruce at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 19:51:03 GMT 2000

William Gacquer <wgacquer at ubisoft.fr> writes:

[...]

> Help me guys from the gcc mailing list! Could you tell us if the
> fxref output format is documented anywhere? Could you also tell us
> if "gcc -fxref" is too be used or if we should forget about it?

The code was for C++, and suffers from bitrot (I don't think it was
ever intended to work with C, but I well could be wrong).

However, if someone wanted to work on this, then now would be a great
time to start: Mark Mitchell has been making changes to the C++ front
end which should make this much easier, and has been documenting the
necessary stuff, too (in gcc/cp/ir.texi).

[...]