KDE2 and Kdevelop

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Mon Dec 4 10:47:43 GMT 2000

Rares Pop wrote:

> Hi everybody,
Hi Rares,

> 1. How can I use Kdevelop1.2 or (1.3a) with KDE2?
>  I have recently installed Mandrake 7.2. Installing binaries from kdevelop1.2
> didn't work, a small (~30x30) main window appear titled KDevelop and this
> cannot be worked with.
> I have tried to compile the sources of kdk1.2, kdevelop1.2, kdevelop1.3a and
> all of them stops at the "./configure" stage when checking "KDEHeaders". The
> problem is like this: the "kurl.h" file (probably from kde2 I suppose)
> requires "qvaluelist.h" which is from qt2 and of course it doesn't find it in
> qt (1.44).
> Please help me on this as I am new to linux world and even if I have some
> programming experience from "other" platforms I can't make it work.
Mandrake provides a package for 1.2 as far as I know. They´ve messed 7.2
up pretty much as far as compatibility to KDE 1.x apps goes. However,
the easiest solution would be to get the precompiled standalone version
of kdevelop on the kdevelop website, download. You may have a look at
the mailing list archive as well on that. running the kdevelop script in
the main directory after untar´ing the package works.

> 2. I am thinking about the possibility to get involved in the development of
> kdevelop2. Where can I find docs/specs/sources related to it?
Just get the CVS version of kdevelop located in the KDE CVS tag HEAD (.)
Also you may subscirbe to the mailinglists if you haven´t done so
already.

> 3. Beside KDevelop, are there any other IDE (free or comercial) for C++
> development? I have seen C-forge so far.
There´s a listing on www.kdevelop.org on that subject.

Ralf

> Thank you,
> --
> Rares Pop
> ---------
> Managing Director
> Azoth ltd Romania
>
> -

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org