wish item: objective-c support

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 15:10:13 GMT 2000

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Philipp G. (oeschtle) wrote:
> it would be great to have OBJECTIVE-C support integrated into kdevelop.
> (it's supported by gcc, already).
>
> would be really handy to have it supported via a cool IDE.
Yes - I agree! I've done a patch to add objc to KDevelop 1.2 (please email me
and I will send it to you). I will update the patch for KDevelop 1.3 shortly. I
have also patched kdoc 2.0 to parse Objective-C, and have wrapped over 260 of
the Qt 2.2.1 classes in objc (I used a hacked version of kdoc as an 'api
generator'), and they're nearly ready for release. I also need to prepare a
patch to Trolltech's uic tool to generate objc. There is still no objc api for
the KDE classes, but they can be generated by the same means - so I'm hoping
that getting the core ones working shouldn't take too long.

I volunteered to add objc support to KDevelop 2.0 a month or two ago, and I
still intend to do that. But when I last checked out KDevelop 2.0, it wasn't
quite ready for adding extra langauges - that was a few weeks ago. It might
be possible now, I must have a look...

-- Richard