V2.0 feature suggestion

Sven Bergner bergner at Fh-Worms.DE
Wed Aug 23 13:22:52 BST 2000

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Markus Gustavsson wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I thought about a possible feature for KDevelop 2.0 which
> would be very helpful for many codes when it comes to having
> a good overview of the code written.. Why not make it possible
> to change the tone of the white background of the editor to
> a shade of one color? Assume I want to mark line 200-210,
> with a couple of keypresses, I could mark these lines, and
> have the normally white background have a *slight* shade
> of blue, red, green or whatever.. A couple of keys for
> different colors, like-> I go to line 200 with the cursor,
> press a special key for green tone, while holding in the
> green tone key, I scroll down with the cursor as long as
> I want, and than just release it, the area stays colored
> until I go over it with a colortone reset key, or just use
> an option which resets all colortones for the whole document.
> It would be really good to have a feature like this for
> being able to as fast as possible localise where different
> code subsegments within any really large function is located.

Another method of doing something like this would be a folding-feature.
So you could have a better view over your Project because you can fold
away some part of the code you are actually no interested in.
e.g.:
void foobar()
{
}

And where you can see the three dots threre is normally the code of this
function.

Only my 2 cents.

CU,
  Sven