problem with linking additional library statically

Mingyi Liu mingyi-liu at uiowa.edu
Sat Aug 12 07:56:12 BST 2000

Hi, I'm using Kdevelop 1.2 and was trying to link an additional library
statically. When I linked it as shared library the produced executable
worked fine, but when it's linked statically the program quits working,
giving me an error as "no such file or directory"! I used ls and saw that
produced executable with a much larger size (probably indicating a static
linking) and I set file permission to 0777 and it's still not recognize when
I tried to launch the program. Why is that? BTW, Kdevelop tried to
verify -static linking option when I set "prevent dynamic linking ..." under
link options tab and the verification was OK. Anybody knows why? Thanks in
advance.

Mingyi