WStyle of QWidget

Jacek Wojdel wojdel at chrysler.kbs.twi.tudelft.nl
Fri Aug 11 12:07:45 BST 2000

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, you wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am troubled that however I changed the widget's style
> through WStyle, there is no effect.
>
> This is what I tried:
>         QWidget *pWidget= new QWidget(0, "My Window",
>                                           WStyle_Customize|WStyle_Tool
>                                             |WStyle_Title);
>         pWidget->show();
> I want to show a window with title and without maximize, minimize
> and close buttons, but this way I can not get it.
>
> Could you help?

Tough luck... on Win32 you'll get exactly what you want, on X11 you're on mercy
of window manager. Depending on how much the window manager will consider the
style hints sent to him by the application you can either obtain all you want
or nothing at all. All in all, the results will be differ between (c)twm,
blackbox, kwm, gnustep and <type your favourite WM here>. That's probably one
of the reasons why programs such as Star Office do their window management
internally within a single X11 window.

Regards,
	Jacek