dumb question: cross-compilation with KDevelop?

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Tue Aug 8 15:51:54 BST 2000

Dan Clemmensen wrote:

> I want to specify a compiler other than the one found by ./configure
> (i.e., g++ in my case.) I know I can do this by modifying the line that says
> CXX=g++
> in each makefile makefile.
> However, this is not elegant, since it must be redone each
> time I rebuild the makefiles. I would prefer to do it in one
> place. where is the appropriate place?

Open a console and do an export CXX=your_compiler, then start kdevelop
from this console. I think that works.
Otherwise you need to change the automake settings for searching of the
compiler where you use another order and inserting your compiler at the
first place in the search.

Ralf
--
The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden at kde.org