Segmentation fault on exit

Johnas @ Work jic at atl.meitca.com
Thu Apr 27 22:12:47 BST 2000

I recently resolved problems with creating and debugging a KDE MDI project (KScribble example) using KDE2.  So, I moved on to creating and debugging a Qt MDI project (QScribble example which is the same as the KScribble example only created by choosing Qt MDI project in the wizard).  I overcame two problems when the linker could not find the libqt.so.2 library.  I created a link to the Qt 2.1 library (in the /usr/lib/qt-2.1.0/lib directory).  Also, the autoconf warned about not finding the KDE2 libraries, so I added "--prefix=/opt/kde2".  That seemed to solve the build.  The program runs fine until I decide to exit.  When simply running the program I get a segmentation fault error.  When I run the debugger, the debugger stops at the "isLastView()" method.  The status line says:  "No source:  0x804fffa in QScribbleDoc::isLastView (this=0x1) at qscribbledoc.cpp:73".  I understand that the this pointer (=0x1) is invalid.  I did not touch this part of the code (it was generated by the wizard).  If I close the child window within the app, the same routine is called with a valid pointer.  This does not happen in the KDE MDI project (KScribble).  The two (KScribble and QScribble) source codes are almost identical.  Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Johnas  Cukier
Principal Technical Staff