qt libraries

OS owensavill at compuserve.com
Wed Apr 19 00:15:19 BST 2000

You too !

This has been a problem for a LONG time, and it has just reoccured for me on
Mandrake 7.0.

Here are some responses that I got, that got me past the Qt problem, only now
it thinks that gcc cannot compile !

1)
I had a very similar problems months ago.  Nothing I did, flags, paths, Env
Vars, etc. would help 'CONFIGURE' find the QT libs.

After checking in the file 'configure.log' I found that the problem was really with
the X-Libs, not the QT libs, even though all the messages on the screen
complained about not finding the QT libs!

So...adding '--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib' to the command line fixed everything!

Just a hunch.....

2)
Please, open an xterm window and tell us the output of command called
´set´. And the output of command ´ldconfig -v | grep qt´.

3)
-create your project with the appwizard (yes, the qt´s won´t be found, I
know)
-Build->Configure
-enter: --with-qt-dir=/path_to_qt_dir
-Press OK

Then the Qt libs and includes should be found by configure

REMOVE config.cache BEFORE in the RFV

Owen