Qt strikes again

OS owensavill at compuserve.com
Fri Apr 14 19:33:38 BST 2000

Hello,

It seems the only time I ever e-mail kdevelop these days is because of the
perenial Qt not found problem !

This says a lot for kdevelop, but this Qt issue is an oldie and a complete
stumper. Without Qt everything just stops !

I had a hard disc crash and had to re-install everything, so I am now
using Mandrake 7, gcc  2.95.2-3mdk and Qt 1.44-20mdk.

I am currently using kdevelop 1.1

No surprise, kdevelop just stops whenever it tries to find the Qt libraries.
Once again there is no way of telling kdevelop where the Qt libraries are. Fine
for Qt2, I can tell it where they are, but Qt noooooo !

I have the environment variables set according to the many e-mails about this
problem in the past, but once again they don't work.

The old method of repeatedly re-installing random combinations of Qt, gcc,
kdevelop and even glibc no longer appears to work either.

Please, please, please , please , please , please , please , please , please ,
please , please , please , please , please , please , please , please  give us
some way of telling kdevelop where the Qt libraries are installed.

Regards,
Owen