C/C++ reference

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 13 07:44:59 BST 2000

Hi together,

Steven Suson wrote:

> If I am correct in assuming that Mandrake wants it in the same place as Red Hat
> (which I'm pretty sure of), then the files should live in
> /usr/share/doc/HTML/default/kdevelop/reference. Note that default is a symbolic
> link to your language (e.g. en for English). I believe the last directory in the
> path (reference) is created by unpacking the tarball.
>
> Steve Suson
> "Keep the faith."

Back to the beginning...

First at all we have to know of which package we are talking about:

c_cpp_reference-1.0.tar.gz is made to build and install by
autoconf/automake:
so if you have used this extract it in your home directory and do the
following:

$cd ~/c_cpp_reference-1.0
$configure
$make
and as root:
$make install

so the c/c++ reference will be installed correctly.

----
The old package, called c_c++_reference.tar.gz (taken from the
documentation directory of our ftp mirrors) is only a tarball of a
precreated documentation and has to be extracted in the proper directory
(in most cases from within the $KDEDIR).

The contents doesn´t differ... so you can decide by your own, which
package do you want to use...

----

Bye

Walter