[Q]: My app wont run outside Kdevelop

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Apr 12 16:29:22 BST 2000

ljp wrote:

> I agree. This attitude prevades newsgroups such as comp.lang.perl It is such
> a drag, that it turned me off to perl, even tho I know of its capablilties.
> Condescending attitudes should be left in the gutter.
> We all had to start somewhere, right?

Ok, now, to end this discussion and further swearwords on this list, the
problem the original poster had is probably this: starting from within
KDevelop works, but calling the program from the console doesn´t work.

Solution: call it with ./<program name> on the console. Calling it only
with <program name> only works if the path where the binary is is in the
PATH environment variable; for all others (this is like calling
./configure) you have to use ./

As a side note: we had many, many newbie questions and we answered all
(at least I think so) of these equally without playing to be the gurus
like the ones which had advanced questions. I think the list should stay
that way and new members should stick to that rule as well as the old
ones have done until now as well.

Have *FUN* using KDevelop, whatever your knowledge is or which OS you
come from ;-)

Yours,

Ralf

--