How can I rearrange the LFV?

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 13:57:04 BST 2000

Leon Pollak wrote:

> Hello, Falk and all.

Hi,

> Falk Brettschneider wrote:
>
>     Yes, I saw this.  But this means that having project with 100 *.cpp files
> and 50 *.h files I shall have two folders only. I think that this is a little
> bit difficult to orientate in such amount of files. What I am speaking about
> is the ability to organize "virtual" folders which allow me to group files
> according to their functional purposes. I didn't see how I can do this in
> KDevelop.
Yes, this is an unsolved problem. :-(
But you can do a workaround, if you've got filenames that are very
similar. :-)

Example:
Imagine you've got 30 files of your 100 ones which can be described with
*view.h and *view.cpp. Then you can define a new group in LFV (right
mouse button for context menu) called "My view classes" (the groupname)
and an appropriate filter "*view.h, *view.cpp". Then all those classes
are moved to a virtual subfolder "My view classes".

But that is only possible for filename suffixes, it doesn't work for
instance with a filter "test*.*" (all class names beginning with "test".
:-(

Wait for KDevelop2.x, else...
--

Ciao,