Weird kdevelop problems

Sean Harmer sh at astro.keele.ac.uk
Mon Apr 10 13:31:44 BST 2000

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>

> wow... never seen such an error...
> but I guess there is something going wrong on the environment variables
> on that user account.
>
> try to start "perl --version" from this user account on your machine.
> The error "perl: No such file or directory." normally means there is no
> perl!
> And also the error of /usr/bin/gmake is really strange.

I tried what you suggested and perl --version comes back and says it is version
5.005_03 built for i386 linux.

> gmake and perl are inside /usr/bin, so either the PATH env. or the
> rights to /usr/bin
> (or even the rights to start these binaries) aren't quite right for the
> user which starts kdevelop.

My PATH environment variable includes /usr/bin as always. I can execute gmake
or make from a konsole with the makefiles generated by kdevelop. It's just
within kdevelop things don't work. I guess I'll have to use version 1.0 until I
figure this out.

Cheers,

	Sean

  Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter?
  Everytime I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff
  out of my head. Like that time I took the wine making
  course and I forgot how to drive.

	- Homer J. Simpson