Upgrading Doc-View Framework

Richard Apodaca apodaca at san.rr.com
Sat Apr 8 19:28:15 BST 2000

Hello All,

Are there any plans to upgrade the doc-view framework in either KDevelop or KDE
in general?  I'm especially thinking of things like:

* support for document templates and multiple document types

* support for kparts

* somehow encapsulating the menu-callback code within a class, or otherwise
removing it from the Application class

Are there any plans to create a menu editor that would let you visually connect
a menu with a handler, while automatically keeping track of event and resource
ID's?

Of course, I'm thinking of the support MFC and VC++ give for these kinds of
features.  Although MS's implementation is bad, the concepts are useful.  If
they're done right, they could let the programmers focus on writing their code
instead of creating infrastructure.