*view & *doc relationship

Erwin Rol Erwin.Rol at q-soft-engineering.com
Thu Apr 6 14:49:48 BST 2000

The Document View pattern from MFC is a stripped down version of the
Model/View/Controler pattern as used in Smalltalk i believe.

The Model holds the information , the View "displays" the information,
and
the controler is resonsible for changing the information.
A Model itself can be a View of a other model again. A very good
reference is

Design Patterns - Elements ofReusable Object-Oriented Software
by Gamma, Helm, Johnson and Vlissides.

It also holds a lot of other design patterns that are realy worth
knowing and
using.

- Erwin

--
        Q - S O F T - E N G I N E E R I N G
     Rodachtalweg 11, 81549 Muenchen, Germany

Erwin Rol (Software Engineer)     phone: +49-89-68050051
Erwin.Rol at Q-Soft-Engineering.com  fax  : +49-89-68050052