*view & *doc relationship

Tim Rohrer tgrohrer at metbymail.com
Thu Apr 6 13:19:59 BST 2000

Hauke,

>From what I've read, I think you want the doc class to manipulate the data.
The user will cause the manipulation via interations with the view, but, the
doc methods will make the actual changes and update files, etc. Perhaps someone
else can confirm this for us?

I'm not quite as far along as you are.  My lack of understanding right now has
to do with getting the data from the doc to the view.  Take the "simple" example
of the html viewer.  I changed the base class for the view to KHTMLWidget.
Now, I set a QString to point to an html file and create a new instance of
KHTMLWidget in the App constructor.  Of course, to get it to view, I have to do
a show() which creates a new window seperate from the main view.  I am not
connecting the app, doc, and views.  Perhaps I shouldn't be creating the
instance of KHTMLWidget in the App constructor but if I don't, how do I get the
data in? Perhaps I'm mixing things up to much? I've been working my way through
the tutorials and the kscribble example but maybe I need to go back to that and
put more time into it.

I just noticed a couple more articles came in on this thread.  I'll give them a
read.

Tks
-tgr

--