Wish: adding links as project files

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at geocities.com
Mon Sep 27 08:54:07 BST 1999

holle at almaden.ibm.com wrote:

> You are approaching the problem the wrong way.
> Under ... you generally *not* ... and I am *very
> strongly* against adding such a feature.
This is what already people from Redmont said.

> Here is what you normally do:
> Assuming the functions foo(), bar() and baz() are "shared" by two or more
> projects of yours.
> You would extract these three functions and the necessary support code from your
> projects (yes from all) and make these functions become a shared and/or static
> library which you would link to your projects.
I don't want to have a lot of libraries because this forces me to manage
several projects. The only advantage I would have by using extra
libraries is to have already-compiled stuff. But this is not important
for me because compilation is fast enough on my machine.
My shared files have been changing all the time. That's why making
shared libs would only make it difficult and circumstantial to handle
(version, compatibility, ...)

Rene Märten <delta_x at gmx.net> wrote:
> you must include it instead of adding to project!
I don't want to include cpp files.

--

Ciao,
--Falk