Artistic Style indenter/formatter take #2

Roberto Alsina ralsina at unl.edu.ar
Mon Sep 20 18:02:03 BST 1999

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 Tal Davidson wrote:
>
> >Moreover,while it does make sense to reindent on a per-line basis, it
> >seems rather strange to reformat on a one-line basis.
>
> You mean you want to reformat the whole buffer each time the
> user presses 'RETURN'? Does not sound very clever. Where does
> the performance go?
>
> >(Actually, emacs does NOT have reformatting ability, and I wish emacs
> >had the ability to globally REINDENT a buffer (although perhaps this is
> >possible with some Emacs LISP programming)).
>
> It's no problem at all.

FTE does just that.
It autoindents as you type, and can reformat a selected block.
Of course if anyone can find how it's done from the sources, he's much
smarter than I am :-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)