Artistic Style indenter/formatter take #2

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 20 21:07:53 BST 1999

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 Tal Davidson wrote:

>Moreover,while it does make sense to reindent on a per-line basis, it
>seems rather strange to reformat on a one-line basis.

You mean you want to reformat the whole buffer each time the
user presses 'RETURN'? Does not sound very clever. Where does
the performance go?

>(Actually, emacs does NOT have reformatting ability, and I wish emacs
>had the ability to globally REINDENT a buffer (although perhaps this is
>possible with some Emacs LISP programming)).

It's no problem at all.

>What would be the best way to integrate astyle and the astyle setup
>dialog into the CURRENT KDevelop? Is there any basis for plug-ins
>currently?

No. The tools menu is configurable, but of course a program
started from there does not have access to the project definition.

Bernd.