SOLUTION: bug in tool processes.pl

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Fri Sep 10 01:26:06 BST 1999

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Sep 1999 W. Tasin wrote:
> >In the generation-process of the rpm a temporary directory will be used
> >to easily get the whole list of files to be included in the
> >rpm-packages.
> >
> >see "BuildRoot: /tmp/rpmbuild_kdevelop"  and
> >    "./configure --install-with-root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT"

Hi Bernd,

> Sigh. I've explained on various occasions and a long time ago
> that this is the wrong way to configure. --with-install-root

if somebody wants to help us he/she hasnĀ“t to read the whole
mailing list, has he/she? We should be happy about any useful help.
And things like that will happen again.
So relax....

> is obsolete for months and is replaced with the 'make
> DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT' mechanism. I've told that the rpm
> maintainers. If they still have a problem, why don't they ask?
> I don't know :-(

... it is very difficult to check all installed files (and the whole
funcionality) for a fault like that... even for a non-kdevelop-developer
and even if it seems to work ... you should know.
[BTW: on machines which create the rpm this will work fine under certain
circumstances]

---> So why asking ;-)

> Bernd.

Ciao

Walter

so remember...

solution no. 3)
patch your spec-file

%build
... ./configure ...  [w/o --install-root]
%install
make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install-strip

<<<<< end

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)