SOLUTION: bug in tool processes.pl

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Thu Sep 9 20:31:35 BST 1999

Didier Dirix wrote:

Hi,

> I discovered a BUG in the tool processes.pl which is the tool used by
> the application wizard.
>
> In the beginning of the perl script, you define the path to access the
> template files
>
> $templatedir = "/opt/kde/share/apps/kdevelop/templates";
>
> but in the rest of the script, you are not using this variable.
> Example in the changeNormalApp procedure
>
> sub changeNormalApp {
>
>     unpackFiles("normal.tar");
>
>     #renamed the directory
>     printflush (STDOUT, "change files...\n");
>     chdir ($overDirectory);
>     rename ("skel", $nameLittle);
>

> you are supposed to have
>
> sub changeNormalApp {
>
>     unpackFiles("$templatedir/normal.tar");
>
>     #renamed the directory
>     printflush (STDOUT, "change files...\n");
>     chdir ($overDirectory);
>     rename ("skel", $nameLittle);
>
> I'm rigth ?
>
> Regards!
>
> Didier

Sorry...
no you aren't...
these functions of the script are intended to unpack the the file
in the newly created project directory...
not in the template directory.

One of these src-template-packages (like normal.tar.gz, c.tar.gz, ..) is
copied first and then the script will be called. These actions are
performed
by the binary (see ckappwizard.cpp).

The problem is the rpm, because if you "make" kdevelop by your own
everything (considering this bug ;-)) works fine.

> Regards!
>
> Didier

In the generation-process of the rpm a temporary directory will be used
to easily get the whole list of files to be included in the
rpm-packages.

see "BuildRoot: /tmp/rpmbuild_kdevelop"  and
    "./configure --install-with-root=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT"

this causes to patch the processes.pl during the make procedure
to /tmp/rpmbuild_kdevelop/opt/kde instead of /opt/kde
(this is for SuSE-rpms).

<<<<< end:

There are two ways to solve the problem:

no. 1) (the fast one - in this case for SuSE rpms)
manually change the following lines of
/opt/kde/share/apps/kdevelop/tools/processes.pl

line 4-5:
from:
$templatedir =
"/tmp/rpmbuild_kdevelop/opt/kde/share/apps/kdevelop/templates";
$kde_icondir = "/tmp/rpmbuild_kdevelop/opt/kde/share/icons";

to:
$templatedir = "/opt/kde/share/apps/kdevelop/templates";
$kde_icondir = "/opt/kde/share/icons";

no. 2)
wait for the new version of the rpm

the new spec-file + perl script to patch this problem
can be obtained by mailing me
<<<<< end

bye

Walter

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)