Bug and idea

Joe Nelson 3nelsons at pressenter.com
Fri Sep 3 18:13:53 BST 1999

> the idea sounds good BUT my member are all prepended by m_ so I have
>m_data e non data (if it is a static memeber it is s_ )
>The get and set function are done in this way (in my company coding
>standard):
>class foo {
>private:
>int m_data;
>public:
>void SetData(int data) { m_data = data; }
>int GetData() { return m_data; }
>}
>
>so as you can see we have different conventions! :(

Well, along with editor colors and other customizations, the user could be
able to set their coding conventions. All this might be waaay to complicated
for the KDevelop team, though. I also realized that special situations come
up like what if the private member is an array? More coding...

>> --bug--
>> I declared a private data member like so:
>>
>> bool data[][];
>>
>> But it doesn't display in the classbrowser.

I'll answer myself here... bool data[][] is illegal C++ so it's a good thing
it didn't appear in the classview. <grin>