automatic code copletion?

John Zedlewski zedlwski at princeton.edu
Wed Sep 1 16:35:08 BST 1999

> Is automatic code completion a feature in the "to do" list?
> After having worked for 2 years with delphi I almost have lost any
> capacity
> to remember function names... :-)

I'd say that it definitely is.  I did some serious looking into it a
little while ago, and it's not really that bad (especially since a GPLed
IDE called VDKBuilder already has a form of it that we can use for
reference).  However, there's still a little more infrastructure that
has to get there.  Specifically, there's an ongoing plan to store most
of the information about classes and functions in a mini-database,
including the basic KDE and Qt functions.  That would greatly facilitate
the code completion.
--JRZ