linking kdevelop

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Sun Oct 31 15:41:23 GMT 1999

Peeter Russak wrote:

Hi Peeter,

> Hi!
> Compiled FINAL-1.0-BRANCH/kdevelop19991031.tar.gz today and got error in
> linking the binary in kdevelop/kdevelop:
> ./classparser/libclassparser.a(tokenizer.o): In function
> `yyFlexLexer::yylex(void)':
> tokenizer.o(.text+0x608): undefined reference to `yywrap'
> ./classparser/libclassparser.a(tokenizer.o): In function
> `yyFlexLexer::yyinput(void)':
> tokenizer.o(.text+0xc85): undefined reference to `yywrap'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[3]: *** [kdevelop] Error 1
>
> I did grep yywrap * and didn't found an implementation of function yywrap,
> only declaration in tokenizer.cc. About 2 weeks ago when I compiled kdevelop
> snapshot last time there was the same bug presented.

yes that´s right... there is no implementation of yywrap inside the
sources.
The reason: The default implementation of yywrap() is used, which can be
found in the library fl.a (see manpage of flex).

So please check the requirements. Do you really use flex ver. 2.5.4??

If your system is using this version, there would be another way to
solve this undefined reference by changing following line in
tokenizer.l:
%option yylineno

%option yylineno noyywrap

But as long as it works for the other users I think your problem resides
in version conflicts of your flex library and after this patch you could
have other undefined references.
But I hope this patch would work... if it does, so let me know it and I
will commit this to the CVS (this would mean that there are different
implementations of flex ver. 2.5.4 library *sigh*)

Hope I could help
Bye

Walter

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)