Problems compiling latest kdelibs CVS snaps

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Thu Oct 21 15:35:44 BST 1999

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Massimo Morin wrote:

> Hi,
> 	sorry for going again on this topic but, do we really need the snapshot
> of qt2.1??

Well, things are a bit more complicated :-) The CVS versions
of KDE 2 need a Qt snapshot and a current version of kdelibs.
The HEAD version of KDevelop uses Qt 2.0.x (at least I'm quite
sure that no newer features have crept in) and a version of
kdelibs from beginning of october. BTW: If you don't want to
use applications using corba, you don't need the compile the
corba directory in kdelibs. You just have to comment out it
from Makefile.am and possibly configure.in

Anyway, I doubt that you want to "use" a HEAD version of
KDevelop. It's currently a collection of experimental stuff
and likely to crash at the first button press...

Bernd.