other comments and bugs...

Massimo Morin mmorin at schedsys.com
Tue Oct 19 23:03:04 BST 1999

Hi,
	this are fixes, bugs and comment to apply to head branch 10/19/1999

BTW, this is still crashing on
0x40567fae in KProcess::commClose ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x40567fae in KProcess::commClose ()
#1  0x40568494 in KShellProcess::start ()
#2  0x809c967 in CKDevelop::slotAddExistingFiles (this=0x8384870) at
ckdevelop_project.cpp:354
#3  0x4010d577 in QObject::activate_signal ()
#4  0x4011be3c in QSingleShotTimer::event ()
#5  0x400ece87 in QApplication::notify ()
#6  0x401819b7 in qt_activate_timers ()
#7  0x40180402 in QApplication::processNextEvent ()
#8  0x40180e9d in QApplication::enter_loop ()
#9  0x401801c9 in QApplication::exec ()
#10 0x80814fa in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff364) at main.cpp:82
(gdb)

BBTW still not able to get kde2libs to compile!!!

Cheers
Max
------------
o  Mulitple reference of variables:
   in CV under variable I have a bunch of static variable defined in
   some cpp files. These are local to the single file, but they all
   have the same name: how can I distinguish them in CV?? I possible
   to set the file in where they are defined?

o  collapsing/removing variable from CV:
   in every cpp/h file I define
   static char* filename_rcs[]
   this is not usefull in CV because seldomly used. Is it possible to
   remove them/ or collapsed them into a single entry???? (Immagine a
   project with 100 files, you ahve 100 of these variables!)

o  class static members in CV:
   the parser recognize as a global variable any static memeber of a
   class initialize in the cpp file. Is it right??  Well if it is, it
   shouldn't be under global variables...

o  CV missing macro tree
   It could be handy to had an entry on the CV for seeing macro
   definition.
   Carefull because the constant definitio should differ in someway,
   form the macro definitio (perhaps looking for the ()? ).

o  Error in CV parser:
   the following initializartion if a static member of the class
   Filter, is seen as a global fuction:
   char* Filter::s_empty = strdup("");
   I do not think it is right!

o  Search window for a pattern into files: autofill with data
   It could be a good idea to put in the pattern entry into the dialog
   for searching into multiple files the word on which the cursor is
   positionated. It happend I was looking for a macro that the
   compiler didn't recognize, so I clicked on the error, and I jumped
   on the source, and then I selected search....

o  Add existing files to project: adding multiple files require a list
   like
   file,file,file
   if there is a space between , or before or after kdevelop reject
   the file. To me it makes more sense to use a list separated by
   spaces than commas, and should be easy to strip out any space when
   identified the file name.
   BTW "," is a valid character for a filename :(

o  Creating a project: wizard inconsistencies.
   Whay is it possible to select in the wizard the voices: KDE, QT,
   Terminal and Other? The available voices should be the only one
   under these sub-category!

--
                                               _...__..-'
Massimo Morin                                .'
mmorin at schedsys.com                        .'
+1 (617) 484 2999                        .'
                                       .'
      `   `;'-.-'         '-    ._     Scheduling Systems Inc.
        .--'``  '._      - '   .       Three University Office Park
         `""'-.    `---'    ,          95 Sawyer Road
 ''--..__      `\                      Waltham, 02453 Massachusetts USA
         ``''---'`\      .'            +1 (781) 893-0390 x 126
                   `'. '               http://www.schedsys.com
                     `'.