Problems to compile Kdevelop 1.0Beta3

Eugene Jansen E.JANSEN at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Tue Oct 19 08:59:39 BST 1999

> --with-qt-libraries=$QTDIR/lib --prefix=$KDEDIR'. But it does not work.
> Can you
> tell me how the configure script decides which version of QT are
> installed?

As far as I know the configure script tries to compile a small program and
includes one of  the qt headers to test for the version.  Have you checked
the  config.log file created by configure?  It gives a lot more detail on
what the configure script is doing while it's running.  It may be helpfull
if you send us the last bit in the config.log file which will show why the
script breaks.

Hang in there, we will get this problem in the end...

Ps This is a long shot but I've read somewhere that someone had some
problems with sending shell variables ($QTDIR etc) as parameters to the
script.  Try running ./configure with the path names in full i.e. :
./configure --with-qt-libraries=/usr/local/qt-1.44/lib etc...