Integration of kuml in kdevelop

Sandy Meier smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Mon Oct 18 11:37:45 BST 1999

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 you wrote:

> Yes, we have planned to let both KDevelop and KUML work together.
> But I think an integration (insertion) on sourcecode level isn´t a good idea.
> KUML should be as much independent as posible, so it´s functionality
> can be used from many other tools.
> We have to find a better way to let them work together.

Yes, I agree. The integration on sourcecode level will unnecessarily bloat
the executable and is very difficult to maintain. Maybe we could write a KUML
plugin (with the new Plugininterface :-) ) so KUML could use KDevelop features
like adding generated sourcecodes to projects/makefiles, CVS integration and so
on. Sounds cool,heh :-)

Another option would be a CORBA based communication between both
applications, but at the moment this approach is slow and very complicated. :-(.

Ciao!
Sandy