Kuml developer snapshot-version now available ...

Gregor Stipicic gstipi at aon.at
Sun Oct 17 15:57:13 BST 1999

Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Oct 1999 Michel Wichers wrote:
> >Hi ...
> >
> >For all who can't wait any longer :-)
> >
> >The first developer snapshot is instantly available at :
> >
> >http://users.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~stacho_d
>
> Hmm, am I the only one who notices that your Makefile setup
> is broken?! The reason is that the static libraries in different
> subdirectories have certain dependencies, i.e. the linker must
> see them in the right order. KDevelop is not prepared for such
> a situation. I have fixed this by hand (i.e. put the libraries
> in the kuml_LDADD line in kuml/Makefile.am in the correct order),
> but I think a possible solution could also be to fix the library
> list in the  corresponding sub_dirs variable in the kuml.kdevprj
> file and then regenerate all Makefile.am's. Some files like R
> EADME, AUTHORS and a license document are missing. BTW: It's
> better to use  'make dist' to make a source package, not tar. Or
> at least you  could do a 'make distclean' before. Ah, and a last
> thing: You  shouldn't give Icon() absolute paths. The icon
> loader finds  its icons itself :-)
>
> So, enough rambling ;-) The program looks very promising. I
> have no clue what UML is, but the drawing engine looks quite
> robust and without much flicker.
>
> Bernd.

UML stands for Unified Modelling Language and is THE standard for OOAD
(Object Oriented Application Design).
KUML looks indeed very promising and I hope it is going to be integrated
in KDevelop as soon as possible (and hopefully thereĀ“ll be code
generation too).

Gregor Stipicic                   //    //  //\\    //   //  // \\  //
Dr. Gmelinstr. 5                 //    //  //  \\  //   //  //    /\
5020 Salzburg                   //__  //  //    \\//   //__//   //  \\
AUSTRIA
Tel.: +43 (662) 430712
email: gstipi at aon.at
Linux - less bugs for less bucks