Problems to compile Kdevelop 1.0Beta3

Eugene Jansen E.JANSEN at ee.surrey.ac.uk
Fri Oct 15 10:32:00 BST 1999

Sauli,

I'm using RH6.0 and I've compiled Kdevelop 1.0beta3 from sources without a
problem.  As far as I know (pretty sure about this ;-) you have to compile
kdevelop using the qt-1.4x libraries.

Check on you RH6.1 install CD - and install the qt1x-devel-1.44-4.i386.rpm
package.  If you don't have it you can download it from any of the Redhat
mirror sites.

I'm not sure of RH6.1 but on RH6.0 it will install the qt1.44 libs in
/usr/lib/qt-1.44 and the includes in /usr/include.  The rpm install script
will also add the lib path to your /etc/ld.so.conf so you don't have to
worry - the dynamic linker will find the libs.

If you try to compile kdevelop now it should work without a problem.  After
compilation Kdevelop doesn't care about your QTDIR parameter as it will have
been compiled with qt-1.4x and will on execution dynamically be linked to
the correct libs in your /usr/lib/qt-1.44 directory.

One more thing, I assume you want to use qt-2.x for your development.  This
should not be a problem.  If you have your QTDIR set to the correct library
i.e. qt-2.x then your makefiles should use this (beware if you use the
dialog editor in kdevelop - you may run into problems with the qt-2 libs,
but I'm not sure about this)

Let me know if you get stuck.

Good luck,
Eugene