Problems to compile Kdevelop 1.0Beta3

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at geocities.com
Fri Oct 15 08:52:09 BST 1999

Sauli Jarvinen wrote:

> Hi
>
> As i write before, i can't compile Qt or KDE applications with Kdevelop from
> rpm, because it doesn´t find Qt and KDE libraries.
>
> So to solve this, i try to compile Kdevelop 1.0beta3 from sources.  The
> compilation breaks at configure and tells that it could not find  Qt
> libraries.  Is there a bug in the configure script?
>
> I´m using RH6.1. QTDIR variable is /usr/lib/qt-2.0.1 an is OK.  Are QT
> libraries at right place?
As far as I know, ./configure doesn't use QTDIR. but uses the location
of libqt.so.1. Try:
  ldconfig -v | grep libqt.so.1
and see if it exists and where it points to. You should get this output:
  libqt.so.1 => libqt.so.1.44

If not:
check the /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib pathes. You should find a symbolic
link to the current qt version which linux uses. KDevelop1.0beta3
expects Qt 1.44. The best would be, if you saw this:
/usr/local/qt -> /usr/lib/qt
/usr/lib/qt -> /usr/local/qt-1.44

KDevelop homepage, www.kdevelop.org

--