make problem on generated project

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Oct 13 23:29:43 BST 1999

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 Massimo Morin wrote:
>Hi,
>	when I genereate the project, during the configuration part, configure
>says that the compile line is
>gcc -O0 -g3 -Wall -v -I..
>but the executed one is
>gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -O0 -g3 -Wall -v -I..
>This is cousing conflicts with my files (I can accept the
>-DHAVE_CONFIG_H thought :) ).

Well, what configure uses for checks is not what is used for
compiling the files in your project, so it's not surprising.
The '-I' arguments come from the $(INCLUDES) variable in your
Makefile.am. This in turn is probably constructed from several
autoconf macros in acinclude.m4. Tracking this down could be
quite difficult...

>Last but not least: why not colorizing differntly the warning and the
>errors in the messages window? This will help identifiying them during
>the compilation...

Will be done in the next days (in the HEAD branch). The grep
view is already colored :-)

It doesn't allow copy&paste though, but I think this isn't too bad
as you can always call 'make' in a terminal window if you really
want to reuse the compiler output.

Bernd.