What should i do?

holle at almaden.ibm.com holle at almaden.ibm.com
Wed Oct 13 23:36:56 BST 1999

rpm -i <rpmfile> for installation (silent)
rpm -U <rpmfile> for upgrade (silent)
add -v for verbose operation and -h for a "progress meter"
use rpm --help to get more info

- holger

Rene Märten <delta_x at gmx.net> on 12/10/99 12:28:13

Please respond to kdevelop at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de

To:   kdevelop at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de, Erik Thörnblom
      <erik.tornblom.elev at skola.alingsas.se>, kdevelop at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de
cc:
Subject:  Re: What should i do?

Am Tue, 12 Oct 1999 schrieb Erik Thörnblom:
> >%_Hello,
>
> I have download K Develop.rpm for about a few mounths ago, and i dont know how
to install it, i have extract the .rpm file and what should i do after that? I
cant download a new copy, because your server is to slowly :(

> Regards
>
> Erik from Sweden

email 1: delta_x at linuxCoding.de
email 2: delta_x at gmx.net
home   : HTTP://WWW.LinuxCoding.DE

what system are you own ? SuSe or red hat ?

if u have suse use type in the bash:

yast

there you can administrate your system and install rpm-packages
if you owner of a other system than suse linux, i cant help you, because i´m
also a new user of linux (psssssssttt !!! )

regards rene