Norwegian letters troublemakers?

Christian R. M. Koerber christian_koerber at public.uni-hamburg.de
Wed Oct 6 10:12:50 BST 1999

Sauli Jarvinen wrote:

> I have same problem with finnish ä (= a with dots)
>

> From: Espen K <espen at nattguiden.no>
> >I have encountered a rather bothering "feature" using kdevelop with my
> >norwegian keyboard:
> >This is the kind of problem that typically are featured on top of any
> >FAQ-page, but I have searched both the kdevelop site and docs to find a
> >solution
> >to this one, but not succeeded:
>
> The  "search for help on"-window pops up whenever I press any of my non-US
> letters (norwegian spes. letters: æøå)!  It only happends when I try to type
> them in low-case. Upper case works as expected.

Funny I never encountered that too, since this happens with German letters
'ßäöü' as well. Let's start a competition to find out which language has the
most letters with this strange  behaviour. By now, Germany is in the lead :-)
(Of course only such languages count that use latin characters as a subset!)

Christian