File open/save

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Tue Oct 5 16:04:18 BST 1999

> Shawn Wall wrote:
>
> I'm relatively new to KDevelop and have a question that i would
> appreciate help on.  I created a generic KDE application using
> KAppwizard and after compiling it it runs correctly, but does not open
> or save files.  Is it supposed to work, or has this function not been
> enabled in the shell created for the generic program.
>
> thanx,
> wall

Hi Shawn,

the template offers you only a hint, not an "almost" complete
application... :-)
we cannot include saving or opening for you... maybe in your
application, you want to save your document in another manner
like a bitmap?? or in your own type (like a RTF-file?? ;-))
The same with file open (how loading a file if the type of file or
"document" isn't still specified...)

so it's your task to implement the save or open file (and of course
the type of view you want to use, etc. ...).

Bye

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)