am_edit script missing

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Oct 4 10:57:26 BST 1999

Uwe Kahlert wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Comiling kdevelop 1.0 Beta 3 fails because the am_edit perl script is
> missing.
> I have perl5.003, not 5.004 as recommendend. Is am_edit a generic perl
> script that just comes with perl 5.004 or where do I get it?

am_edit is responsible for the moc.cpp file generation somehow like
automoc was before. I noticed that it is missing when doing make dist's
with the KDE2 version of the templates I changed this weekend, adapted
from the kexample of the kdesdk.

Is am_edit missing on the KDE 1.x version or the KDE2 version ?

Ralf