KDevelop

Roland Paul Knall rknall at cosy.sbg.ac.at
Fri Oct 1 23:11:01 BST 1999

I totally agree, to this mail. I subscribed to this list, mainly because I
wanted to get help with some little problems I had with this programm.
Selfish reasons I know, but everything should have a reason. But what
happened? Instead of receiving the normal FAQ mails, which are normal to
this kind of mailing-lists, I receive stupid chlidish mails, where people,
some of them actually involved in the programming of KDevelop (therefore I
think they are intelligent enough to stop stupid quarrels), fight at each
other, just somebody got an idea.

Normally I would agree with the initiating mail, because I think Linux
exists, because people, even if they had no programming expeience, which
would qualify them in commercial ways for programming such software. But,
this time I must disagree on the one hand with the initiator of the mail,
because he should hav thought on his idea a little bit longer, on the
other hand I must strongly disagree with the answers.

I DID NOT SAY the the original author of the initiating mail, in further
the first mail, is stupid, neither, because I do not know him personally,
I can give a qualified statement off his programming ability or any other
general ability in using a computer in a way for developing software.
AND I DID NOT SAY that the answers contain falsifications or lies about
any kind of subject.

But , this is a forum for discussion about the usage of a very good
project. If someone brings up an idea for developing this software in a
special kind of way, we should ask him how, we should ask why. We could
help him developing his idea, or bring up own ideas relevant to the
subject. But what we do is acting against the spirit of Linux, what we do
is killing ideas! We should think about the idea. Maybe the first mail was
not very clever, which means that the way it was brought to the list, was
not very clever. But please stop the fight, please stop the quarrel. Let's

CU Roland