ANNOUNCE: New KDevelop Design

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 1 12:39:37 BST 1999

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Catalin Climov wrote:

> > Sure. That's probably the reason why I've not seen a _single_ patch
> > by you. Neither does your name appear anywhere on bugs.kde.org.
> It's not about patching or bug reporting. It's about redesign.

That's where your attitude problem is. "I will design the next
version of KDevelop while you morons can fix the bugs".

> that at some point in future" is not an answer). If I'm wrong then why do we
> (still) have to download the integrated debugger (not KDebug) as a patch ?

Because the 1.0 branch is in feature freeze. Everybody knows that,
why are you asking?

> this. So I sent I mail (two weeks ago) to Sandy announcing him about our
> plans, and I did not receive any answer (not even something like "wait. we
> (core team) are talking about this and we will let you know the decisions we
> made. We will contact you later.").

If I were him, I certainly would not have answered a mail with an
announcement "I am making the next version version of KDevelop.
I am so merciful to allow you to contribute to it".

Bernd.