Editor in beta 4.1

Renaud renaud_chaillat at netcourrier.com
Sat Nov 20 19:17:41 GMT 1999

  Hi,

Hope this little question won't reduce the signal/noise ratio :
in beta 4.1, it seems a selection in the editor is automatically copied
in the clipboard.
As a result, it's impossible to replace a selection by a previous one:
instead, you paste the current selection in the middle of itself (if you
double-clicked in the middle, that is).

I don't think it behaved like this in previous betas, and I haven't
managed to find options to correct this ("delete on input" works fine,
but it's not sufficient : double-click should not copy the selection in
the clipboard, ctrl-c is there for that. I've also disabled "multiple
selections"...).

Well, maybe there's a way to do that which I've overlooked ?
Thanks for any answer,
Renaud