KDevelop with MySQL

Lieven Govaerts govaertsl at ebitec.com
Tue Nov 16 17:19:48 GMT 1999

Tom,
not that I want to impose you some programming standards,
but why would you want to program directly to the mysql
API? It may be initially easier todo, but you will lose the
flexibility to change the database for instance.
Is ODBC on Linux much slower than direct API programming?

You're free to do so offcourse, I'm just interested to know if
there are important advantages to your approach.

regards,
Lieven.