CVS Bug - Copying new files into project

Michael M Brockman mikey at brockman.org
Sun Nov 7 03:29:47 GMT 1999

Greetings,

    I think I have found a couple of CVS bugs in KDevelop 1.0 beta 4.1.
I am running RedHat 6.1 (Intel) and have a remote DEC Alpha acting as my
CVS repository (under CVS 1.10.6). Let me know if others have seen this
or if I have overlooked something in the documentation ....

Minor Problem #1: No way to enter remote CVS password from inside of
KDevelop.

Workaround: Use the CVS $HOME/.cvspass option or manually open up a
shell and do a "cvs login" ....

Minor Problem #2: No way to change the CVS settings once a Project has
been created ....

Workaround: Edit KDevelop files directly..

Major Problem: Copying existing files into a project - KDevelop fails to
"cvs add" them to the CVS repository. If you don't know that this
happens, you can lose your work....

Workaround: Manually do a "cvs add"  and a "cvs commit"  on the files
that were just added.

If you need someone to test the CVS functionality, feel free to ask me
.... I use the program almost every day .....

Michael M Brockman (Mikey)