wish: comment/uncomment blocks of code

Roberto Alsina ralsina at unl.edu.ar
Thu Nov 4 13:33:25 GMT 1999

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, Thomas Matelich wrote:

> Here is what I think would be ultimately cool in the editor.  The ability
> to have it act like a tree view.   A + or - button next to functions or
> comment blocks or userdefined areas, so you don't have to look at that
> ugly paint routine (or whatever) as you're scrolling through the file.

That's called "folding" and several editors do support it, for example
FTE.

It is not trivial to implement, because you need to mark the "folds"
somehow. For example, FTE does it by inserting specially formatted C
comments in the text. So this doesn't work on every "mode" of the editor.

If anyone is going to implement it, it would be cool if it could be done
in a compatible way.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)