QT Libraries Not Found

OS owensavill at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 3 21:06:51 GMT 1999

Hmmmm ! This old chestnut !

I had / periodically get this problem. The problem is that the people at 'k',
who have kevelop working ok, don't seem to to beleive that this problem is real
;)

You can keep trying QTDIR for ever and it will not result in kdevelop finding
qt !

Some time ago I replied to someone called Dmitriy with following :

I also had big problems getting pased the qt configure stage !!

I can confirm that you need qt 1.42 (or 1.44 etc) NOT qt 2.

However this is not the only problem !

Kdevelop seems very flakey when it comes to having certain libraries installed.
I received numerous e-mail replies relating to setting the QTDIR environment
parameter (export QTDIR=/usr/include/qt) and other similar environment
parameters (LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/qt/lib and
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/qt). None of these ideas worked !

Eventually Mandrake released a new version of gcc (which included a file called
gcc-cpp which replaced cpp) and a new version of libstdc++ which I installed.

Kdevelop suddenly started working, and I was STILL using the same qt !!!! -
therefore qt may have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the problem you are
experiencing ! Please persist in your search, but think laterally.

I hope this works for you as it did for me, I never heard back from Dmitriy so
maybe it worked for him as well ???

Regards,
Owen